1999 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite 700, Campbell, CA, 95008, USA
International Journal of Bioprocessing and Technology (IJBT)
Jilin University Address:China
Yunxian Piao is an associate professor in the Department of Environmental Engineering at Jilin University. Before joining Jilin University as a faculty member in 2013, Dr Piao was a Postdoctoral fellow at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in the lab of Dr Tae Seok Seo. Her research interests are in developing a highly efficient and stabilized nanobiocatalysis for bio and environmental application, and a miniaturized microsystem, an advanced nanodevice, a portable nanomaterial-based biosensor for bio and environmental diagnosis. She earned her Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from KAIST, Korea in 2010, and her M.S. at KAIST and B.S. at Yanbian University of Science and Technology.
Developing a highly efficient and stabilized nanobiocatalysis for bio and environmental application
A miniaturized microsystem, an advanced nanodevice, a portable nanomaterial-based biosensor for bio and environmental diagnosis
Department of Chemistry
Institute of Chemical Technology Address:Institute of Chemical Technology
Kirtikumar Badgujar is working as a Research Associate under the guidance of Prof. B. M. Bhanage in institute of Chemical Technology (ICT: Formerly UDCT), Mumbai. Recently he has submitted his thesis in March 2015 for Ph.D. in Science. His research area included enzyme technology for the pharmaceutical sciences. He is working for the synthesis of active pharmaceutical intermediate using various modified enzyme technology. His research interest includes “Green chemistry for active pharmaceutical intermediate, Enzyme Immobilization-stability studies. Kinetics-Thermodynamics of Bio-catalysed reaction, Advance approaches in Biomaterials, Neoteric solvents for sustainability and Biomass processing. Till time in his research studies, he has published 13 Peer-Reviewed articles in reputed international journals, 1 patent and 1 book for the postgraduate science. Along with the research studies, he is part of graduate teaching programme in the Department of Chemistry at ICT. Before his admission for doctoral degree he had completed his M.Sc. degree in Chemistry from Pratap College, Amalner affiliated to North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon in 2008; where he secured rank FIRST in Chemical Science Branch and GOLD-MEDAL for organic chemistry in North Maharashtra University. He had cleared national level CSIR-NET-JRF, SET/ UGC-SLET, and GATE exams with excellent All India ranking.
1. Biotechnology for sustainable future
2. Biocatalysis and Enzyme technology
3. Green chemistry for synthesis of active pharmaceutical intermediate
4. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
5. Enzyme Immobilization-stability studies
6. Kinetics-Thermodynamics of Bio-catalysed reaction
7. Advance approaches in Biomaterials
8. Neoteric solvents for sustainability and Biomass processing
9. Medicinal Chemistry
10. Biomaterials synthesis
11. Nano-biotechnology and catalysis
12. Enzyme Immobilization and Characterization
1. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Immobilization of Candida cylindracea lipase on poly lactic acid, polyvinyl alcohol and chitosan based ternary blend film: Characterization, activity, stability and its application for N-acylation. Process Biochemistry, 2013;48, 1335-1347 (Impact factor 2.9).
2. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Application of lipase immobilized on the biocompatible ternary blend polymer matrix for synthesis of citronellyl acetate in non-aqueous media: Kinetic modelling study. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 2014;57, 16-25 (Impact factor 3).
3. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Synthesis of geranyl acetate in non-aqueous media using immobilized Pseudomonas cepacia lipase on biodegradable polymer film: Kinetic modelling and chain length effect study. Process Biochemistry, 2014;49, 1304-1313 (Impact factor 2.9).
4. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Enhanced biocatalytic activity of lipase immobilized on biodegradable copolymer of chitosan and polyvinyl alcohol support for synthesis of propionate ester: Kinetic approach. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2014;53, 18806-18815(Impact factor 2.3).
5. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. The Solvent Stability Study with Thermodynamic Analysis and Superior Biocatalytic Activity of Burkholderia cepacia Lipase Immobilized on Biocompatible Hybrid Matrix of Polyvinyl Alcohol and Hypromellose. Journal of Physical Chemistry. B, 2014;118, 14808-14819(Impact factor 3.4)
6. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Factors governing dissolution process of lignocellulosic biomass in ionic liquid: Current status, overview and challenges. Bioresource Technology, 2015;178, 2-18 (Impact factor 5.6)
7. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Immobilization of lipase on biocompatible co-polymer for potential biocatalytic applications in supercritical carbon dioxide: Characterization, activity-stability study and synthesis of industrially important laurate compounds Process Biochemistry, Accepted manuscript (Impact factor 2.9)
8. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Thermo-chemical energy assessment for production of energy-rich fuel additive compounds by using levulinic acid and immobilized lipase. Fuel processing Technology, 2015;138, 139-146 (Impact factor 3.7)
9. Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Synthesis of Lipase nano-bioconjugates as an efficient biocatalyst. RSC advances, Accepted manuscript (Impact factor 3.7)
10. Kishor V. Wagh, Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Recent trends of ionic liquids for the synthesis of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural Current Organic Chemistry,Accepted manuscript (Impact factor 2.6)
11. Ganesh V. More, Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Bhalchandra M. Bhanage. Kinetic resolution of secondary alcohols with Burkholderia cepacia lipase immobilized on a biodegradable ternary blend polymer matrix as a highly efficient and heterogeneous recyclable biocatalyst. RSC Advances, 2015;5, 4592-4598 (Impact factor 3.7)
12. Vivek C. Badgujar, Kirtikumar C. Badgujar, Harshal B. Saraf, Harshal C. Badgujar. Chemical sciences CSIR-NET and GATE book. Himalaya Publication. 2015, ISBN Number: 978-93-5202-573-2
Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, and Symposium
First rank in “Research Oral Presentation” in CATSCHOL Research scholar meet, in association with catalysis society of India -2014.
Best Research Poster Award" in a conference "Emerging Trends in Medicinal and Perfumery Chemistry, Mumbai University, 2015.
Department of Chemical Engineering
Feng Chia University Address:Taiwan
Yun-Peng Chao obtained his Ph.D. degree in Department of Chemical Engineering from Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, in 1994. He worked as an R&D Researcher at Yong Feng Chemicals Co., Taiwan, in 1994. He worked at Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, as an Associate Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering from 1995 to 2000; a Professor in Chemical Engineering from 2000 till now; and a Chair in Chemical Engineering from 2003 to 2006. He also worked at the National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, as a Joint Professor in Graduate Institute of Biotechnology from 2004 to 2008; a Joint Professor in Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology at Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan, from 2013 till now; a Joint Professor in Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, from 2013 till now. He served as an invited reviewer in the European Science Foundation from 2006 to 2012; a referee in the Irish Research Council for Science Engineering and Technology from 2009 to 2011; the Reviewer Board in Taiwan National Science Council from 2010 to 2013; the Editorial Board in Dataset Papers in Biology from 2012 till now; the Editorial Board in BioMed Research International from 2013 till now. He received Special Outstanding Talent Award in Taiwan National Science Council, from 2010-2015; Annual Academic Research Excellence Award in Feng Chia University, from 2007-2015.